Dr. Rengifo is a board-certified family physician with almost 30 years of experience practicing medicine. He received his medical degree from the Escuela de Medicina Juan N Corpas in Bogota, Colombia, and completed his residency program at East Tennessee State University.
Throughout his studies, Dr. Rengifo has had a continuing interest in integrative medicine. He is a certified diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM), and he has been educated in the art and science of integrative holistic medicine with the goal of collaborating with his patients, helping them achieve optimal health through a whole-body approach.
A member of the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture, Dr. Rengifo is one of the very few board-certified family physicians in the area that has incorporated acupuncture into his practice -- bridging the gap between conventional medicine and alternative healing, encouraging the body to heal itself naturally.
In addition, Dr. Rengifo is a practicing emergency department physician and a voluntary faculty member at Florida International University School of Medicine.
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
Recognitions and Awards:
- Top Physicians Emergency Medicine 2014
- America’s Most Compassionate Physicians 2013
- Patient’s Choice Award 2012, 2013
- America’s Top Family Doctors 2009, 2010
- Best of Weston 2013 Award for Medical Clinic
- American Medical Association Physicians Recognition Award 2010, 2012